Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
To be responsible for AML compliance and manage AML compliance risks across the Bank by ensuring adherence to internal and external laid down guidelines.
• Perform all AML functions across the bank, including detection/reporting of suspicious transactions and activities, monitor units to ensure compliance to AML guidelines.
• Advise Business units on AML / KYC requirements and perform AML risk assessment when required.
• Respond to notices/requests from Police, Central Bank and other statutory authorities, BNYM/ correspondent banks.
• Ensure all functions are in compliance with Anti Money Laundering regulations plus any relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
• Identify and initiate improvements to work, customer service, quality, work processes and organisational matters in order to contribute to business efficiency goals.
• Undertake a wide range of data gathering, evidence and analysis, identifying any AML related risks, deviations or deficiencies in the KYC or customer information/ suspicious transactions and report to Senior Management/ Manager Compliance/ HOIC to carry further investigation and necessary action.
• Develop and maintain new and existing relationships with other Operational / Business units to support the achievement of business objectives.
• Provide advice, guidance and support to new or less experienced team members to speed induction or generally raise team effectiveness.
• Maintain awareness of the department's Business Continuity Plan and undertake appropriate training to ensure correct action is taken in the event of an incident or disruption.
• Perform any other duties or tasks as required or instructed by the line manager to support the smooth operation of the department.
Higher Diploma (UAE National)/ University Degree or Equivalent (Expat)
CAMS certified preferred
Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Banking sector.
Specialist Skills required for the Job:
• Written Communication: Produces clear and concise reports and other written material usually of a detailed and technical nature, which are understandable to those with or without a good knowledge of the subject matter.
• Analytical: Uses a wide range of analytical tools and techniques to identify issues/trends to provide recommendations and solutions.
• Procedure and Policy: A good knowledge of the relevant policies, practices, processes and procedures in own areas of responsibility. Where appropriate will have a good knowledge of the key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements, technical interpretation and the ability to provide advice thereon.